Chicken Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cubed peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, orange juice, sugar, ginger and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 207 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 fruit.
Jun 12, 2010
I've made this twice already and it's delicious. My husband and I ate the entire first batch in one day. My kids don't like it but it's probably because of the dressing and the nuts. I would recommend it anyway!! Dressing is good with Miracle Whip Light instead of mayo (less fat).
Jun 23, 2009
Elizabeth, I haven't tried peaches that sounds good. I normally put grapes in the chicken salad to give it some sweetness. One time I was in the mood for chicken salad and didn't want to make a store run so I used mandarine oranges. They were good and I used a little of the juice also.
Jun 23, 2009
There is no fiber in this recipe? Are there other mistakes on the page as well? Otherwise, it looks great! I will try this one!
Mar 18, 2006
No comment left