Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Lemon slices
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness; slice into cutlets 1-1/2 in. wide. Place beaten eggs in a shallow bowl; in a separate shallow bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Dip chicken in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Brown chicken in batches, adding oil as needed, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove; drain on paper towels.
- For lemon sauce, add water, lemon juice and bouillon to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half, 8-10 minutes. Return chicken to pan; toss to coat. Cook until heated through, 4-6 minutes. Serve with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 318 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Aug 21, 2020
No comment left
Jun 17, 2020
Delicious and so simple. I did butterfly cut my chicken instead of pounding. I also subbed water and bouillon with low sodium chicken broth. Chicken was so moist and tender! A definite keeper! Thanks Joe
Apr 21, 2020
Very moist and a good taste, make some extra sauce.
Jan 15, 2020
This was absolutely delicious! I don't use bouillon cubes, so used my homemade chicken broth instead and I fried the chicken in coconut oil. My husband usually doesn't like chicken breast, but this was so moist and tasty, he loved it. It is definitely a keeper!
May 18, 2019
No comment left
Mar 21, 2019
This chicken was much better and more flavorful than I was expecting. I will definitely double the amount of sauce next time because it was excellent, but there was barely enough. This was also pretty quick to make. Will be making this one again.
Feb 7, 2019
One of my favorites all time. I like to make extra Lemon sauce in order to serve with cooked rice as a side.
Feb 2, 2019
Made this and it is my son's new favorite chicken. I did change the broth just a little. I used 2 cups of water instead of one and also used a vegetable bouillon cube with the two chicken bouillon cubes. Outstanding!
Jan 13, 2019
Quite delicious and simple to make. Great for any night of the week.
Dec 15, 2018
I made this and my daughter still talks about how good this was and I totally agree. Chicken French, Artichoke French etc. are big here in Rochester, NY! Thank you!