Chicken Florentine Panini
Chicken Florentine Panini, from Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri, brings an Italian flair to this speedy meal. The grilled sandwich combines chicken with provolone cheese, spinach and red onion.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound shaved deli chicken
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute spinach in oil until wilted, 2 minutes. Drain; wipe skillet clean.
- Spread 4 bread slices with salad dressing. Layer with a cheese slice, chicken, spinach, onion and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook in same skillet or panini maker until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 582 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1688mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Jun 13, 2012
I have made this many, many times. I usually use deli turkey though and it's good either way. My whole family loves it!
Jun 29, 2011
This was very good.
Jan 8, 2010
Used facoccia bread instead of sourdough...wonderful!