Chicken Florentine Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup loosely packed minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, cheese, spinach, mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder, thyme and pepper.
- Drain macaroni; gently stir into chicken mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 539 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Jul 14, 2020
Family, especially kids, loved this. I omitted bread crumbs. Also only used 1.5 cups Swiss and added 1 cup mozzarella to give it a smoother taste. Added 1 small onion diced, increased garlic pwdr. to 1 1/2 tsp., used 1 1/2 tsp of fresh thyme. I also substituted cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom.
Jun 2, 2020
deanna (the soup Nazi) says no soup for you.
May 3, 2020
Too much sodium
Feb 18, 2020
This was Very Tasty, it was enjoyed greatly! I didn't have spinach so used frozen broccoli thawed instead and added an extra quarter cup of mayo. It worked perfect, very creamy and great flavour! I will definitely be making often!
Sep 24, 2019
Made this tonight. Excellent! My husband, son
Mar 28, 2019
I have made this three times now, twice for friends. It was a hit every single time and both sets of friends asked for the recipe. This is a keeper.
Nov 12, 2018
There were 5 of us at the table tonight and the one who had seconds said, "It's not bad but I'm hungry so maybe I'm not a good judge." My husband, who is a human garbage disposal, did not have seconds and he is known to go back 2 or 3 times. I followed the recipe as written. I think if I were to make it again (which I most likely will not), I would alter the cheese to an Italian blend. Perhaps add cream to the mushroom soup to make the dish creamier. I think even with those changes, it would take a 3rd round of making it to tweak the seasoning.
Sep 26, 2018
ok snoberhauf , what a silly remark "Adding canned soup to miscellaneous ingredients is not cooking". I made it and it tastes great!
Jun 1, 2018
Adding canned soup to miscellaneous ingredients is not cooking.
May 15, 2016
I'm giving 5 stars. I m sure the original is just as good. I modified mine to use ingredients I had on hand. Everybody gave a thumbs up. Used fresh spinach - about 10-16 oz. Because the fresh spinach was not creamed I added 3 - 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese. I sauteed a sweet onion with 1/2 whole chicken (cubed) and I used reduced salt cream of chicken soup.