Chicken Crescent Casserole
With a family of five, I've found that casseroles are a quick and filling meal. The crescent roll topping bakes up to a beautiful golden brown.—Laurie Bus, Reno, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large saucepan, saute celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, chicken, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture begins to boil. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place over cheese. Melt the remaining butter; toss with nuts and sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 426 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Oct 16, 2011
This is so yummy with crescent rolls, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream...how can you go wrong? I will definitely make it again!!
May 15, 2008
No comment left
Jul 26, 2007
No comment left