Chicken Cornbread Casserole
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 5 cups cubed cornbread
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 celery ribs, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread cubes on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toasted. Cool on baking pan.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cornbread, chicken, soups, broth and seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 500 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1657mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Jan 15, 2020
Could you had a few more vegetables without it getting too dry?
Sep 14, 2019
This was absolutely delicious. All three of us loved it. I used a slightly sweet cornbread but I think it would be good with a more savory recipe too.
Sep 6, 2019
Looks delicious. What do you suggest to use for the cornbread? Store bought or homemade? Sweet or Savory?
Sep 6, 2019
A simple, tasty and delicious meal. My whole family loved it. I only made one change. I used 2 cans of cream of chicken soup( 2 family members don't like mushrooms.....gasp).
Oct 14, 2017
Ignore the second nasty review. I made this for a quick dinner and everyone loved it. Very good.
Feb 22, 2016
I made this for four adults and none of us cared for it
Oct 28, 2015
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to make and quite delicious!