Chicken Chiles Rellenos Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cook angel hair according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, cilantro and cumin. In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir chicken over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove.
- In same skillet, melt butter. Stir in heavy cream, cream cheese and lime zest until combined, 4-6 minutes. Stir in pepper jack until melted. Add chiles and lime juice. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Toss chicken mixture with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 698 calories, 43g fat (26g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 14, 2020
This was just okay. I had hoped for a Chile rellenos tasting dish but it was just chicken Alfredo with some diced green chiles in it
May 31, 2020
The was very good quick and easy! Didn’t have pepper jack cheese so used sharp cheddar. Also didn’t have the lime zest. We are doing low carb so served over broccoli. Will definitely make again!
Apr 19, 2020
This dish is amazing! I left out the lime, because I didn't have one but it was delicious without it.