Chicken Biscuit Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, broth, milk and pepper until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and peas and carrots; heat through. Arrange biscuits over stew. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 320 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Aug 23, 2020
Sorry, maybe I'm dense...but the biscuit part is not listed in the ingredients? Do you use a full can? Do you cut them up? I'm the kind of girl that needs step-by-step!
May 15, 2020
The only change I made was using mixed vegetables, and a cup of regular broth because I didn’t have condensed. Simple and delicious! A definite keeper!
May 9, 2020
This is an easy dish to make and it tastes good too. My family enjoyed it.
Jan 25, 2020
I made this when my daughter and her family were visiting and we all ready enjoyed this dish, even the twin 3 year olds! This is a family favorite!