Chicken Bacon Triangles
We host an annual Christmas party, and I whip up a new menu item every year. These golden chicken and bacon appetizers were an absolute hit. —Annette Fecht, Sorrento, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 60 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 24 sheets phyllo dough, 14x9 inches
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Ranch dip, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings. Saute chicken in drippings until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the soup, cream cheese, garlic, onion, pepper and bacon to skillet; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Lightly brush 1 sheet of phyllo dough with butter; place another sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Cut into four 14x2 1/4-in. strips.
- Place a scant tablespoon of filling on lower corner of each strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip. Brush end of dough with butter and press onto triangle to seal. Repeat with remaining strips of dough and with remaining sheets of phyllo.
- Place triangles on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 15-17 minutes. If desired, serve with ranch.
To Make Ahead: Unbaked triangles may be frozen on baking sheets; when frozen transfer to resealable freezer containers. Bake frozen triangles for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 70 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.