Chicken Avocado Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, toss avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, apple, celery, mayonnaise, walnuts, ginger and remaining lemon juice. Stir in avocado. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 546 calories, 44g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Aug 22, 2020
This is an excellent chicken salad. I would recommend adding the avocado at the last minute or even on each person’s plate. It is the only part that gets a little funky the next day otherwise it really is delicious.
Dec 8, 2015
Day one this was ok, too fruity however and day 2 it was just plain yucky
Nov 22, 2015
No comment left
Apr 22, 2014
Best chicken salad ever. Used Miracle whip instead of mayo. Yummy!!!!
Apr 9, 2014
Added raisins instead of grapes - LOVED IT!
Feb 8, 2014
Everyone loved this chicken salad. Delicious!!!! I used an oven roasted chicken from the grocery store....it couldn't have been easier.
Oct 8, 2013
This was refreshing and delicious. Makes for a light lunch. I used pecans instead of walnuts.
Feb 27, 2012
Wonderful recipe with all my favorite flavors! Thanks for sharing!
Jul 24, 2011
I love this recipe.. It's light and tasty and healthy. I use cranberrs instead of grapes.
Mar 25, 2011
No comment left