Chicken and Tomato Scampi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic and onions in butter and oil until onions are tender. Add chicken, salt if desired and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add tomatoes, lemon juice and sugar; heat through.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add parsley. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 255 calories, 13g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Feb 16, 2020
Great! Made as directed. Added extra garlic. Delicious and quick! Served with yellow rice but pasta would be great as well. As volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I love recipes that can be prepared quickly and deliver on taste!