Chicken and Rice Soup Mix
The recipient of this gift will have one hearty bowl of soup, that will chase away the chills on a blustery winter's day. Suggest they have it with a salad or roll for a satisfying meal.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 tablespoons.
- To prepare soup: In a small microwave-safe bowl, place soup mix. Pour boiling water over mix; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 196 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Aug 23, 2020
To cut down on the sodium I used cooked leftover chicken instead of the canned chicken and for the bouillon cube, I just crumbled a little into the bowl.
Aug 21, 2012
toomuch sodium in one cup of soup