Chicken and Rice Dinner
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- Dredge chicken in flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the water, rice, milk, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts4-1/2 ounce-weight: 541 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Mar 7, 2020
Very tasty. I added some chopped celery and onion. I will make this again. Janet. VFE
Jun 24, 2017
This recipe reminds me of my Mom's. It's so comforting.
Sep 25, 2013
My husband and I enjoyed this. I did salt and pepper the chicken pretty generously before browning, and mixed the rice and seasonings in the drippings (after pouring off some of the fat). This is old-fashioned comfort food.
Aug 23, 2011
My kids love this dish. It is so easy to put together. Just pop it in oven and dinner is ready soon.
Dec 24, 2009
Printed this recipe out. I like that it doesn't use canned soup!!!!
Nov 2, 2009
My six year old son had a friend over for supper when I made this last and they each had 4 pieces of chicken!! An instant family favorite. I look forward to adding wild rice next time.
Oct 8, 2009
This was perfect. I like that it doesn't use precooked ingredients or canned soup.
Sep 25, 2009
I make a similar casserole using cream of mushroom soup with about 1 1/2 cups of milk, no water. I also add uncooked broccoli and top with breadcrumbs. It serves as a good hearty meal and everyone loves it.
Sep 24, 2009
I also add a cream of soup to this recipe, but use cream of celery. I also add dry onion soup mix to add some more flavor. But don't use salt then!
Sep 24, 2009
I have a recipe similar but use Cream of Mushroom soup instead of the water.bsm56