Chicken and Rice Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 cups cooked white rice or a combination of wild and white rice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine first 7 ingredients. In a large bowl, combine soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with potato chips and paprika. Bake until heated through, about 1 hour.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 439 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Aug 19, 2020
I omitted almonds and celery and used cream of mushroom instead of cream of celery, but came out a bit dry and tasteless, even with added garlic.
Jul 21, 2020
This was totally gross. I find it hard to believe that people even liked it. I took two bites and went an opened a can of soup for dinner. My hubby had 3 bites and went and popped some popcorn. Very dissapointing.
Apr 29, 2020
Delicious! A great casserole for a potluck or weeknight dinner. I used brown rice and omitted the almonds, simply because I didn't have any on hand. Everything else remained the same. We loved the hint of lemon....next time I might add just a bit more. This dish is creamy and total comfort food. Will definitely make again!
Feb 29, 2020
No comment left
Jan 24, 2020
Soooo good! Husband loved it!! Very different version of chicken and rice ... Will make that again for our friends that are coming for diner! Don't leave bad reviews if you don't like the ingredients.. I made this per the recipe. I cooked the chicken in my instant pot and seasoned it with chicken bouillon while cooking. I used instant rice and I topped half with chips and half with dried onions. The major change was that I used 2 cans of cream of mushroom instead of the other suggested soups. The peas and the celery just made it! It's a winner!
Oct 27, 2019
Does anyone know how to make this without canned cream of soup? Love the thickness of them, not the salt level. Thanks.
Oct 9, 2019
No comment left
Aug 1, 2019
Anyone know how this casserole freezes? Sounds good but it makes too much for my family.
May 31, 2019
No flavor. Should have stuck with the classic cream of mushroom soup combo.
Mar 12, 2018
This was good and it made a ton. I mixed white rice with a combo package of white, brown, and rice wild. About half and half. It gave it more flavor than just white rice. It definitely needed some added seasonings. And it isn't, or at least for me, was not a 15 min prep time. Took at least 20-30 plus clean up time because of quite a few measuring cups, etc. Will make it again.