Chicken and Egg Hash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Chopped chives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, potatoes and oil.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in the peas, corn, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Make four wells in the hash; break an egg into each well. Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are completely set, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Top with chives, if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 464 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 290mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Apr 4, 2020
Really tasty!! I did not use peas or corn because I didn't have any and I didn't miss them. We served this with a dollop of sour cream and tobasco. Yum!
Jun 29, 2016
Great recipe that was easy to make! I added some bell peppers in with the onions and was not disappointed! If you like an extra kick like I do, you can also throw in a few jalapenos.Definitely recommend this recipe, although I did not add peas.
Aug 8, 2015
This was simple to make and absolutely delicious! And very filling! Highly recommend trying this one!
Feb 27, 2011
I like my hash browns more crispy, so I fried them separately for 20 minutes. Also cooked the chicken separately, then added both with the peas and corn. It turned the way I like it and I would definitely make this again. Very tasty!
Nov 5, 2009
I don't like runny eggs, so I pulled the veggies to the side and soft scrambled them and mixed with veggies. Was a little dry this way, but tasty.
Apr 3, 2008
No comment left