Cherry Pecan Dreams
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange zest. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the chips, cherries and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 166 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 18, 2018
Delicious and easy to make. I love the pop of flavor the orange peel provides. I made them exactly as directed and got 29 cookies using my black-handled scoop from King Arthur Flour--I believe it's a 2 tablespoon scoop.
Dec 9, 2015
I just made these used cranberries instead of cherries. Turned out great. Will save for next Christmas!
Mar 24, 2013
My family really enjoyed these cookies! The only thing I did different was substitute walnuts for the pecans. Also, I didn't think the dough could hold 2 cups of white choc chips and 1 cup of dried cherries, so I halved those amounts. Cookies turned out crunchy and had a great taste. Will definitely make again!
Dec 13, 2012
Made these with gluten free flour and they were fabulous, it made way more than 3 dozen