Cherry Oatmeal Crisp Dessert
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Spread pie filling into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In a bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Apr 16, 2020
Our family loves this recipe just as it is written. I have made this recipe since I first came across it in my taste of home magazine back in the 90s! We love it!
Apr 14, 2019
What a huge disappointment. There was nothing crisp about it, just goo as another reviewer mentioned. To make things worse, I wasted beautiful pricey grass fed butter on this disaster.
Jun 22, 2014
There was no crisp to it. It was all just goo. All the topping sank to the bottom.
Dec 12, 2013
Really enjoyed this. It was easy, things used I always have in my pantry AND versatile. I used blueberry pie filling a few days after I used the cherry. The second time I made it I used half butter, half margarine to see what would happen. All that happened was we ate it all and no one noticed the margarine.
Jul 27, 2013
So simple and tasty the topping has a nice crunch! I didn't have the pie filling so I substituted with 2 -15 ounce pitted dark cherries drained. Enjoyed next to a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Will definitely make again soon.
Dec 12, 2011
No comment left
Jan 10, 2011
No comment left
Dec 1, 2010
Quick and easy to make and delicious too. The touch of cinnamon and nutmeg was nice.
Mar 25, 2010
This was very good and easy to make, without using a mix! I will definitely make it again, and will try other pie fillings. Needs a photo to show how good it looks!