Cherry Delight Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Spoon pie filling over top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 264 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 29, 2019
This has been one of my favorite recipes for 50 yrs. but I have never seen it made in a loaf pan. I make mine in a 9x9. How do you cut this into squares and remove from a loaf pan without a mess?
Aug 24, 2016
Nov 4, 2014
I have been looking for a dessert from the 70's, this seems to be it except that crushed Club Crackers were used instead of the graham cracker crust. I am going to try the recipe with the Club Cracker substitution and see if this is the one I was looking for. The recipe also called for Dream Whip as aulait stated.
Dec 29, 2011
I used blueberry pie filling and it is really delicious.
Oct 23, 2011
My Hunny enjoys this Dessert very much!Originally was made w/"Dream Whip" by His Dear Mother.May be less in hydrogenated fats than other "whipped creams".
Jun 22, 2010
Made this for father's day. Everyone loved it. I have a spouse that loves his dessert every evening. Making this he won't get bored with it before he eats it all !!!!
Dec 1, 2009
This was delsious
Aug 14, 2008
My husband and I love this light and sweet dessert! We may even prefer it to regular cheesecake!