Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
You may want to make two of these easy ice cream pies—one to serve and the other to store in the freezer for company. The combination of chocolate and cherries is irresistible. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3-1/2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Optional: Hot fudge ice cream topping and maraschino cherries
- Place dried cherries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, chocolate chips and cherries. Spread into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Slice; if desired, drizzle each piece with fudge topping and garnish with a maraschino cherry.