Cherry Chocolate Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 303 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 27, 2015
A great recipe! The only substitution I made was utilize the dried cherries i had on hand in place of the maraschino cherries listed and incorporated it into the batter. A definate keeper!
Dec 23, 2009
No comment left