Cherry Berries on a Cloud
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the cream of tartar and salt; beat until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form (do not under beat). Spread evenly in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 1 hour; turn off oven (do not open door). Let cool in oven overnight or at least 12 hours.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; gently fold in whipped cream and marshmallows. Spread over meringue. Chill for 4 hours. Cut into 16 pieces. Combine topping ingredients; spoon 1/4 cup over each serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 279 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 10, 2020
My mom has made this forever, it's a family favorite! I've made it a couple times and everyone always asks for the recipe. I've never had to worry about leftovers when I bring it to a potluck!
Feb 9, 2019
I had been aware of this TOH recipe for years, but had never actually made it until this past Christmas. It was a hit and so delicious! My son loved it, too, and told me this is the dessert he wants me to make for him for future birthdays. I love the meringue crust, as well as the tangy cream cheese filling, and I think this dessert would be just as good even without the cherry topping on top. Definitely a keeper!!
Oct 7, 2017
This is my husband's and family and friends all time favourite dessert. I have been making it for 40 years. You can volumize it by adding more egg whites when making the meringue...so can feed a crowd.. I spray parchment paper on a cookie sheet and shape it into the shape I want...round, square or heart ?? shaped. This does not take long to make.....once the shell is baked fill it and put your fruit filling on top and your good to go....in fact I'm making it right now for Thanksgiving. You will love it!!!!
Dec 3, 2013
Had this at a club meeting tonight and it was wonderful. The hostess had a copy of an old recipe, so it's been around a while, but so worth the three days it takes to make.
Jul 4, 2013
This is my favorite dessert and my sister's too. We make it for our birthdays and try to find excuses to make it other times too! I make it all strawberry. Well my MOM makes it I'm about to make it for my first time myself.
Apr 15, 2013
No comment left
Nov 10, 2012
Delicious. The meringue goes so soft and sweet, and the tangy cream cheese in the filling really compliments the sweetness of the meringue and fruit. It serves a lot too since you can cut small squares!
Apr 12, 2012
This is a family favorite. The results are beautiful and delicious. It keeps well in the fridge and like that I can make it ahead of time.
Oct 16, 2011
I am so disappointed in this recipe. Itxwas time consuming and sickly sweet! You could easily use less than half the sugar. Yes, it LOOKS nice, but no one at my dinner party finished their small squares.
Jul 3, 2011
Every time I've made this recipe I get rave reviews. I have used different combinations of toppings and every one has been fantastic. It is light enough to serve on a hot summer day following a grilled meal and fancy enough to serve after a holiday feast.