Cherry Almond Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 11 squares)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cracker crumbs and butter until crumbly. Beat in egg. Stir in chopped almonds.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 345 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 8, 2012
I have been making this recipe for years. It has become a holiday tradition and always gets rave reviews whenever I take it anywhere. Sometimes I skip the almonds and drizzle melted chocolate on top, but the crust is what makes it sooo yummy!
Nov 18, 2006
No comment left