Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Chopped chocolate, optional
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 1/2 cup milk and the chocolate until chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon extract. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- Set aside eight whole cherries for garnish. Chop the remaining cherries; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in water and remaining milk. Beat in pudding mix and remaining extract. Fold in whipped cream. Stir in chopped cherries and almonds.
- Pour over pie. Chill 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whole cherries and, if desired, chopped chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without chopped chocolate): 469 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Apr 12, 2020
Suggestion: With all the dairy products in the recipe, it would be helpful to use the same terms from the ingredient list when giving the instructions. For example....in step 1...state "sweetened condensed milk". Also, the crust should be refridgerated after Step 1 is complete. thanks. It would be helpful to state the following in the ingredient list: 1 cup WHIPPED heavy whipping cream (instead of "whipped" at the end)
Jun 1, 2019
With summer coming on I always look for a cool refreshing dessert. This pie really hits the spot.
Dec 11, 2018
My rather salty grandmother refers to this as “Oh F*** Pie” because that was her response the first time she tried it when I made it for her years ago. It is a family tradition to have it every Christmas. If you want to impress make this pie.
Mar 23, 2018
No comment left
Dec 21, 2017
Very festive and rich holiday dessert. Lovely topped with stemmed cherries and chocolate curls.
Dec 31, 2015
My husband demands this pie every Christmas from now on. Delicious!
Feb 13, 2013
No comment left
Dec 12, 2012
awesome ..a great holiday pie or anytime pie..one of my # 1 and a hit with family and friends
Nov 17, 2012
This pie is fabulous! I have made this for pot-lucks and family holiday events and it is always a hit. I use the slivered (sliced) almonds and lightly toast them.
Sep 20, 2012
this is a wonderful pie recipe everytime I make it someone raves about it and wants the recipe thats what Im doing today ,getting a copy for my daughter to make for her family!