Cherry Almond Ham Glaze
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 cups
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except almonds and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the almonds.
- About 15 minutes before ham is done, spoon 1/4 to 1/3 cup glaze over ham. Repeat if desired.
- Stir water into remaining glaze; heat through and serve with ham.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 98 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 4, 2020
Tasty sauce for holiday ham! Everyone raved about it. Spices complement the cherries.
Feb 26, 2013
I don't usually actually glaze the ham with this; I just make it to serve along side the ham, so that people who don't like anything on their ham can be happy, too. This is so pretty, tasty, and smells heavenly when you're preparing it! This recipe was a contest winner in Country Woman which caused me to be invited to be one of the original 1,000 Taste of Home Field Editors. :)
Dec 3, 2008
No comment left