Cheesy Tater Tots & Canadian Bacon
This slow-cooker meal was created to pay homage to my favorite style of pizza—Hawaiian with bacon and pineapple. The Tater Tots in this recipe make it family-friendly. —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 8 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place half of the Tater Tots in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with Canadian bacon, peppers, onion and pineapple. Top with remaining Tater Tots. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and pizza sauce; pour over top. Sprinkle with provolone cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; let stand, covered, 20 minutes.