Cheesy Mexican Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, beans, tomatoes and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 373 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1157mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 6, 2014
this is not Chili!!! This is a very fattening Dip. There are other chili recipes one can use. Your best bet is one from Texas.
Nov 18, 2013
I thought this was way too cheesy for chili. However, the taste is very good & it makes an excellent dip. I added a can of chili beans.
Jun 24, 2013
Delicious! I loved this and so did my dinner guests who were children.
Nov 8, 2012
i used a jar of homemade salsa. delicious recipe. can't wait to make again!
Aug 18, 2010
This was delicious.I made a couple of changes. I used Mexican Velveeta,, eliminated the stewed tomatoes and used 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies. You could probably use 2 lbs. of ground beef with no problems. Very Spicy and good!
Oct 21, 2009
I used 1 can chili beans and 1 can black beans instead of red. Also used mexican style stewed tomatoes. Very rich but very tasty.
Nov 4, 2008
Very good receipe except this is more of a dip than a chili. Very good with chips.