Cheesy Meat Loaf Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, bread crumbs and garlic salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; drain. Spread with ketchup. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, oregano and Parmesan cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 404 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Oct 21, 2019
Really good, and what a fun presentation of a typically boring dinner staple! I see myself making this frequently, changing up the flavors, and decorating it accordingly, VFE
Jan 25, 2018
Without evaporated milk in the house, I substituted 1/3 cup sour cream, and 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Works for us!
Jun 24, 2014
Very good! Would definately make it again! I used all cheddar (a little extra)
Dec 31, 2013
We make this often- it is tasty and simple to prepare. The oregano sprinkled on the top adds a nice zing of flavor.
May 20, 2013
Making this for tonight supper with minor changes ~ adding oregano to beef mixture, leaving out garlic salt (using minced garlic instead). Also usiung leftover spag. sauce for ketchup. Adding mozzarella instead of parmesan cheese (personal preference).
Nov 28, 2012
I followed the directions exactly, but ended up having to cook it for an hour and it was still pink. I didn't have a meat thermometer to test the temperature, so maybe it is just supposed to be pink but is still done after 20 minutes? After cooking for an hour we decided to just go ahead and eat it, and it was very yummy...but I am still puzzled about the cook time.
May 8, 2012
Super easy and very good. I do not like ketchup but it works well in this recipe. Next time I will try a mix of ketchup and pizza sauce.
Aug 20, 2011
My family loves it and it doesn't take as long to bake as traditional recipes.