Cheesy Herbed Eggs
These scrambled eggs are one of the many hearty meals my family would enjoy before heading out to begin daily chores on the farm. The combination of herbs and cheese gives basic eggs a flavorful taste.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 16 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- Tomato wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cream and lemon zest. Add eggs and seasonings; mix well. Stir in cheeses.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. If desired, garnish with tomato wedges.