Cheesy Corn Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in eggs, corn, ricotta, onion, Parmesan, oil and 1-1/2 cups of mozzarella; mix well. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into small squares.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 7, 2013
This recipe did not work out for us. I found it to be a bit under seasoned. I also found that the corn had a hard time sticking to the squares once they were cut. The texture was slightly crumbly. They practically fell apart as I was cutting them.
Apr 12, 2010
Excellent recipe! I made this as a side dish to Mom's Beef Stew (in the same issue).