Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 6 fully cooked bratwurst links (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes and 1 cup water in a deep skillet or large saucepan; cook for 15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown bratwurst; add soup, beans, onion, potatoes and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese; heat until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 464 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 22, 2019
Husband loves potatoes and green beans so I knew it'd be a hit with him. I liked that it was a one pan meal and was very easy to put together. I like on of the other reviews felt it was needing something. I sprinkled a little dill weed for color to garnish and wonder if a tsp or so in the dish would help. I will make again for sure. Thanks for an easy, tasty filling dish. Would have given 5 stars if just had a little more of something.
Feb 7, 2017
Great meal on a cold night. This is one of my husbands favorite dishes.
Jul 17, 2014
Easy to follow recipe. My boyfriend liked it and it is very filling, but I thought it seemed to be missing something. I followed the recipe exactly but the finished dish was very bland. It didn't need any more salt; it was on the verge of being too salty as it was. I ended up helping this recipe along by doubling the amount of cheese, adding fresh minced garlic and some sour cream, which helped it quite a bit. Not a recipe that I would make again.
Sep 16, 2013
Other than changing to fresh green beans, I made this recipe exactly as stated. We all enjoyed it very much and the one pan clean up is a bonus.
Nov 18, 2011
I used wild rice and mushroom brats! Excellent!
Jun 30, 2010
I made this recipe for myself at supper, but,modified the soup. Used celery soup and the frozen peas. Very good
Nov 19, 2009
My twin daughters, who are seven years old, give this recipe a ten out of ten total points!
May 28, 2009
No comment left
Feb 11, 2009
Good dish! I made this dish for dinner last night and wanted to comment that you may need to add some salt and pepper to the dish for more intense flavors. Also, I didn't have a skillet large enough for the whole dish to fit and so I used a dutch oven instead. (I did use a skillet to brown the bratwurst first.) We also used some of the leftover cheese to sprinkle on top of the dish once it was in our bowls.
Jun 21, 2008
No comment left