Cheesy Beef Tetrazzini
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream, until blended. Stir in green pepper, onions and spaghetti. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 631 calories, 37g fat (20g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Jul 1, 2020
This has been a family favorite for several years. Recently I had some leftover chili so I substituted it for the ground beef portion and generously sprinkled Shredded Mexican blend cheese on top. Definitely a different twist, but just as tasty as the original!
Jun 18, 2014
I have been making this for years now. It is fantastic! I like to sub half of the ground beef with Italian sausage.
Dec 6, 2008
This recipe is awesome, especially the day after when all the flavors soak in. I changed all the cheese to reduced fat, and used extra lean ground beef to make it healthier. It can be frozen for a few weeks, thaw it the day before use and it still taste yummy. This will please all ages.