Cheesy Asparagus Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 soup cans whole milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushroom, drained
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large kettle, cook asparagus and onion in a small amount of water until tender. Drain liquid. Add all remaining ingredients; heat over medium until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot.
Jan 9, 2014
I use half & half instead of milk. Add one 8 oz container Philadelphia brand WHIPPED cream cheese with chive... makes for smooth texture, added flavor. Season with dried rosemary. DELICIOUS... thank you!
Aug 22, 2012
This was fantastic! I used heavy cream instead of milk, because that's how I roll (literally). :D