Cheeseburger Stuffed Bread Loaf
I received this recipe more than 25 years ago in a chain letter. This stuffed bread travels well to picnics, and leftovers are excellent for lunch. - Sheila Cormack, Vanderhoof, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion, cheeses, ketchup, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and remaining salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Using a fork, stir in milk until mixture forms a ball. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Spread meat mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices.
Freeze leftovers of Cheeseburger Loaf for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Reheat on a baking sheet at 375° for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.