Cheeseburger Pepper Cups
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 medium sweet bell peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, tomato paste, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; pour broth around the peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 pepper halves: 413 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 23g protein.
Aug 22, 2020
These were so colorful and tasted really great!
Jul 23, 2020
Tried this and it was very tasty. Used Campbells tomato soup instead of tomato paste. Used wh rice. Cooked for an additional 10 mins on 300 and peppers were tender and lovely. We really liked it and will make it again.
Mar 28, 2018
Jan 28, 2016
Very good stuffed peppers. I only think the cheeseburger taste was slightly moderate. Next time I may use tomato juice or sauce rather than the paste, which kept the filling a bit drier.
Jul 21, 2015
Absolutely delicious. I only used 2 large peppers, and all the stuffing. Like the other reviewers I used V-8 juice (that's what my Mom always used), and based on janeirv's review I decided to microwave the peppers for a couple of minutes before stuffing them.
Aug 3, 2014
Very good! Next time I would parboil peppers a little. They were too crunchy for me, I used white rice, added shredded cheddar in mix too and used tomato juice like the other reviewer did. Very good!
Jul 31, 2014
I made these for dinner last night with peppers from my garden and they were very tasty. I cut the rice in half and used v-8 juice since I didn't have vegetable broth on hand. I think they would also make a good freezer meal .A delicious and economical main dish.
Apr 17, 2013
No comment left