Cheddary Chicken Potpie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk complete pancake mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine soup, 1/2 cup of milk, onion, cream cheese, celery, carrots, Parmesan cheese and salt. cook and stir until the mixture is hot and cream cheese is melted. Stir in the chicken and broccoli; heat through. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, oil and remaining milk. Add the pancake mix and cheddar cheese; blend well. Spoon over hot chicken mixture. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 463 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 1231mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Jul 29, 2019
I liked it, daughter gave it 2 stars and husband gave it 3. While I did like it, I do not plan on making it very often because this is not a healthy recipe, although in my opinion tasty. I chose to use fresh broccoli instead of frozen. I made the casserole early this morning and just popped it into the oven tonight.
Jun 24, 2017
I love potpie and the addition of biscuit mix and cheddar cheese is a tasty different twist on potpie.
Mar 1, 2015
Yum. Kids really liked it. I love the addition of the broccoli. I cook the onions and carrots a little first - used finely diced carrots instead of shredded and added more.
Oct 17, 2014
Wonderful but I had to add some potatoes. So I bought some diced hash brown potatoes and added them with the rest of the mixture and I also melted half a stick of butter in the dish then poured it all in there and baked. Simply maaaaavelous!! Thanks!
Sep 13, 2013
The flavor was good but it turned out a little dry for me. The use of the buttermilk pancake mix was great for the topping. It added a nice flavor and texture to compliment the filling.
May 25, 2012
good for weeknights!
Jan 28, 2010
No comment left
Jan 11, 2010
This is a keeper! It uses many items I have on hand, so it didn't cost much to put together. The pancake mix topping turns into a fluffy biscuit, which makes it a great stick-to-your-ribs, hearty dish!
Dec 9, 2009
I have been looking for a good pot pie recipe and this is a winner. I used turkey instead of the chicken and cauliflower instead of the broccoli and it turned out very good. I like the fact it is so interchangeable. My family liked this recipe and have requested I keep this one.
Apr 27, 2007
No comment left