Cheddar Sausage Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese and water. Stir in biscuit mix until blended. Add sausage. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 169 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 22, 2015
I use hot sausage to mine. I also cook some chopped onions in with the sausage. My family gobbles them up. Love this simple recipe.
Mar 13, 2013
No comment left
Dec 25, 2012
made these last yr. i sell stuff at the farmers market. i couldnt keep these on my table. my adult kids love these. to me their a little too fat. with the soup in them. but i make one now that s like a biscuit.scone with same ingred just no soup.
Oct 14, 2012
No comment left
Jan 16, 2012
These were very moist and tender. I subbed 2/3 cup turkey sausage crumbles for the cooked pork sausage to make them more weight watcher point friendly. The muffins are good-sized and tasty. The taste is reminiscent of cheese straws. Would be good with added ground cayenne pepper.
Oct 28, 2010