Cheddar Cheese Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken broth
- Minced chives, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Combine the flour, mustard, paprika and salt; add to saucepan. Stir to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually add milk and soup; cook and stir until thick, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese and chicken broth; stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with chives if desired.
Feb 22, 2012
We loved this soup. I didn't use the chicken soup and used vegetable broth instead of chicken. It was wonderful!!
Feb 17, 2012
No comment left
Dec 9, 2011
This is what I've been looking for. I'm also from WI. and have been looking for the right recipe for awhile now. I will be making this soon. The only thing I would do different is add some cooked crumbled bacon to it! Yummy!
Jan 26, 2011
Wow! Wow! Wow! That is how I would describe this recipe!! It is super easy to make and absolutely delicious!! I could see this recipe easily doubled to feed a crowd and even used (with less chicken broth) as an easy fondue or cheese dip!! I will certainly make this again!!