Cheddar Basil Cauliflower
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups small fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon white wine or water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 7 ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat until cauliflower is tender, 10-12 minutes, stirring once. Transfer to a small serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Apr 18, 2015
Delicious side dish! I used the white wine and the dried basil with an orange cauliflower. I would make this recipe again.
Feb 19, 2015
I didn't care for this. I did end up adding more water because the cauliflower was beginning to scotch. I did not use wine or fresh basil so that May have been a factor.
Mar 10, 2008
This is the best way to eat fresh cauliflower! It was so yummy! This dish was finished before the main dishes at dinner tonight.