Celeriac & Garlic Mashed Potatoes
My family can't get enough of this comforting fall favorite, especially at Thanksgiving. I love the addition of the celeriac. Its mild celery flavor pairs well with the garlic and potato. —Lynelle Martinson, Plover, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large celery root, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Place the potatoes, celery root and garlic in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook just until tender, 15 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- Mash vegetables with butter, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in chives.