Cauliflower Olive Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 to 6 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, optional
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, green pepper, olives, red pepper and onion if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and pepper; gradually whisk in oil. Pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 198 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
This salad goes great with spaghetti and garlic bread!! Yum!! We like it!!
Sep 3, 2016
Just made this for a Labor Day party and it is not only beautiful but oh so delicious - followed the recipe exactly and can't wait to serve it.
Nov 27, 2011
I mae this salad several years ago whenit cae out in a Christmas issue of Taste of Home and we all loved and I lost it and just found it again on your website, I made it for athanksgiving potluck, every one loved it,and called the next day for the recipe. The only thing I changed was I didnt use sugar in the dressing because it didnt keep as well. The peppers broke down faster wih the sugar in it. Its a great winter salad,crunchy and delicious.