Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 7-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 6 green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, grapes, onions and mozzarella cheese. Combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, sugar and vinegar; pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. If desired, line serving bowl with lettuce leaves; transfer salad to serving bowl. If desired, garnish with additional grapes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 248 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
May 22, 2020
Not sure why someone said the dressing was bland-maybe missed some Ingredients? So, so, delicious! The only changes I made was to use red onion instead of green and added pepper. Otherwise a perfect side dish!
May 17, 2020
Delicious!!! I was surprised how good this was! Will definitely be making again throughout the summer. Made according to the recipe. Only left out the bacon.
Jan 2, 2019
I wonder if bitzee left out something. With any salad dressing it is always a good idea to taste it. I know if using fat or low fat mayo it doesn't taste very good and usually needs more help . I use apple cider vinegar instead of white sometimes to add a little variety. When I don't have red grapes I add craisens.
Nov 27, 2018
Very delicious! The grapes give it a nice pop of freshness!
Jun 20, 2016
I was leery making this salad because of the ingredients. I was pleasantly surprised on how great it was! The grapes give it a nice little burst of flavor in every bite. I had no leftovers. I will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing!
May 15, 2013
Delicious, Delicious salad indeed. Plan on taking to a family picnic this summer. Although I think the dressing needs a **little work** to be perfect, it's still very, very good!
Aug 25, 2012
I love this recipe, although I made a few changes. First, I don't use lettuce- just the broccoli and cauliflower. Also, instead of bacon I use salami (either chunks or ribbons I slice from the deli). It's delicious! My husband HATES broccoli, and even he loves this salad.
Apr 6, 2012
No comment left
Dec 3, 2011
Made this for thanksgiving. Although the ingredients for the salad was good. The dressing was a big dissappoint! Bland only added moisture to the salad. I don't understand how it got a award??? Now will question that. Will probably make it again,but put a tasty dressing on it,which changes the recipe entirely. We had a party of 10 and this alone was left on plates. Sorry for the bad review,but i feel that we need to be honest. so someone else don't spend the money on ingredient's as they are expensive!TOH please screen these recipes and don't post thing's that aren't good. And there are to many recipes that come from the back of the pkg. on here to
Apr 5, 2010
Loved it!! Even family that usually don't like this kind of salad... loved it!!!