Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and sugar until smooth. Add coleslaw mix; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, salt and cayenne. Place the milk in a shallow bowl. In a shallow bowl, toss the catfish with milk. Place in bag, a few pieces at a time; seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook catfish over medium heat in oil until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and coating is golden brown, 4-5 minutes on each side. Spoon coleslaw onto rolls; top with catfish.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 364 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1001mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 25, 2017
Good stuff! My husband was particularly fond of it. I cut one large fillet into three pieces for the two of us since another reviewer mentioned the individual pieces were difficult to eat. I used Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic and eliminated the cayenne. We will be having this again.
Jan 13, 2012
Perfect and not that high in calories!
Sep 4, 2011
I followed the recipe exactly and it came out perfect. Will definitely make again.
Jul 28, 2011
delicious! I could not find catfish at my local grocery store so I used sunfish instead and adjusted the cookin time accordingly
Aug 25, 2010
I love love loved the sauce the slaw was made of. I also liked the heat in the catfish breading. The catfish crisped up very nicely and had a wonderful color upon cooking. My husband even liked these and he's not a catfish fan.
Aug 9, 2010
Excellent recipe! The broccoli slaw on it calms the hot flavors of the cayenne pepper and Cajun seasoning and really adds to it. Plus the kaiser rolls make this a hearty and delicious sandwich. Cutting the fillets into 2 1/2 inches gives more flavoring, but makes it a little more difficult to eat. My husband and I both enjoy this recipe.
Mar 8, 2006
No comment left