Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cashew halves
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Stir in chopped cashews. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. For frosting, lightly brown butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Add cream and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Frost cookies; top each with a cashew half.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 100 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 16, 2019
These cashew cookies are delicious! I made them at Christmas time, and they were loved by all!
Jan 6, 2012
This is a new family favorite at Christmas time. I make a double batch and they are still gone in a flash. The only change I have made is to add 1/2 tsp maple flavoring to the frosting.
Aug 17, 2009
These are so good! Especially with the brown butter frosting! Yum!
Jul 16, 2007
No comment left
Aug 9, 2006
No comment left