Cashew Caramel Fudge
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 pounds
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 24 caramels, quartered
- 3/4 cup salted cashew halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; butter the foil with 2 teaspoons butter. Set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, sugar and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow creme until melted. Fold in the caramels, cashews and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan. Cool. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 85 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 17, 2019
No comment left
Dec 18, 2014
This is the 2nd time I have tried this one. The taste is very good but will not harden just like last time.
Jul 7, 2013
I make this every Christmas and just love it!!
Feb 18, 2012
Everybody at worked really like this, but to me, the cashews got kind of rubbery. I'm not really a fudge person so it was nothing special to me.
Nov 24, 2010
This was my first time making fudge, and it was so easy and turned out perfect! It's smooth and creamy. I used peanuts instead of cashews. Just note that the caramel does not melt into the fudge, but stays as whole pieces, so it's important to cut them into smaller pieces. Very fun and easy to make! I'll make it again!