Carrots and Pineapple
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place carrots in a steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cinnamon. Add the brown sugar, butter and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the carrots and pineapple; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 251 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 24, 2016
Super easy. I did cut down the sugar to 1/4 cup and it was plenty sweet that way, at least for me.
May 11, 2014
Awesome, awesome, awesome! A big hit especially with my dinner guests. I used fresh pineapple and regular carrots cut into big cubes, made it ahead, then reheated. Flavor was amazing.
Nov 23, 2012
This was a hit with my thanksgiving dinner.
Aug 31, 2012
This is so simple yet so delicious! Goes well with roast chicken. I've passed the recipe on to others and they all say the same!
Apr 2, 2012
This is a good receipe but you have to like pineapple alot. It was worth trying but I wont make it again.
Apr 19, 2009
No comment left