Caribbean-Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Peach Salsa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
Makes4 servings (1-1/3 cups salsa)
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, jerk seasoning, thyme, rosemary and seasoned salt. Rub over pork.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 9-11 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup salsa: 229 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 13, 2020
Can this be cooked in the oven?
Jun 25, 2020
Wow! Awesome!My family loved this recipe. I served it with fresh green beans and herb grilled potatoes.
Apr 7, 2020
I made this with mango and it was delicious.
Jun 14, 2018
Oct 8, 2017
Loved the fresh flavor! Made as written and served along a side of rice.
Sep 11, 2017
Sounds delicious! I have to make this dish!!!
Sep 7, 2017
Love this! So much flavor and I omitted Cilantro (not a fan.) I bet this recipe will work with any stone fruit. I plan on making this again.
Sep 4, 2017
Excelllent meal! We had no peaches but had a pear and a pluot! Worked just fine, added an avacado too!
Jun 29, 2017
My family fell in love with this dish. It was difficult at first figuring out the ingredients when it came to the jerk. My local store had to versions a liquid and a season. I got both but used the season. This recipe was great even my better half who never talks about my recipes mentioned this to someone we know in the grocery store.
Oct 12, 2015
So glad I gave this a try! I am always nervous about trying new things, but I took a chance with this and I have ZERO REGRET!! This came out amazing! Definitely saved it and will be making it again....................and again!