Caraway Cheese Biscuits
My grandchildren are always happy when I pull a pan of my cheese biscuits from the oven. The golden brown goodies are perfect for dipping into chili or stew. — Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and caraway seeds. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 208 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.