Caramel Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 36 caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- Pecan halves, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the caramels, water and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Gradually add caramel mixture. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into pie crust. If desired, arrange pecan halves over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 541 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 3, 2018
What size of pie shell please,deep dish? 8 or 9 inch
Nov 24, 2017
This pie was very good, and I didn't have any trouble with the filling. Nice and gooey with plenty of pecan flavor.
Apr 20, 2017
The caramel and pecans are a match made in culinary heaven! I forgot to toast the pecans the first time I made it, but the pie was still delicious.
Jul 23, 2015
My whole family loves this pie. Wonderful caramel and pecans!!!!
Mar 18, 2015
This pie is the bomb!! I won first place in a pie contest with this recipe!! Easy pie dough recipe from seriouseats.com.....First time ever to leave a review....that's how good it was!!!
Dec 10, 2013
This pie is awesome! It's easy to make and will be quickly eaten up as the taste has a good balance between the pecans and caramel. I made this for Thanksgiving and have already made 3 more for holiday events.
Jan 19, 2013
I'm not a pecan pie eater, but after this recipe came out in the magazine and I showed it to my husband I have had to make it for every holiday since then. My sis in law says it isn't a holiday meal if I don't bring this pie. It is very easy to make and my husband says the toasted almonds is what really sets this pie apart from other pecan pies.
Dec 17, 2012
The best pecan pie I've made so far! I loved the caramel filling! This was the first dessert devoured at a recent Thanksgiving dinner!
Nov 22, 2012
Hands down best Pecan pie I have ever made. I get requests from family and friends all year long to make it, but Thanksgiving and Christmas are a must. So easy too!
Nov 21, 2012
The filling curdeld and was runny.