Caramel Corn Puffs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makesabout 4-1/2 quarts
- 1 package (8 ounces) popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and mix until well coated. Pour into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight container or plastic bag.
Jan 15, 2012
Love it, great for young and old.
May 12, 2011
This recipe is a great snack. To cut down on the sugar, use 1 cup of splenda & 1 cup of brown sugar.....Yummie, without the guilt!!
Dec 21, 2010
this was so good. I just poped reg pop corn, 4 bags of microwave pop, and went from there. it was really good.
Nov 20, 2010
I've used this recipe for several year! It's a big hit and always comes out great. The recipe has been passed down to my son by his request. He plans on making it for his sisters birthday!