Caramel-Coated Spiced Nuts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1-1/2 cups roasted salted almonds
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole salted cashews
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and water until foamy. Add the almonds, pecans and cashews; stir gently to coat. Combine the brown sugar, pie spice and pepper; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 280 calories, 20g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 20, 2015
These are so delicious! I've been making them for Christmas ever since the recipe first appeared in the magazine, and we love them. They are wonderfully crunchy and always well-received.
Dec 2, 2012
I have made these so many times! They're easy and taste so good, they are a family favorite I make them every year. Last year I made them and sent them to my son who is in the army, I made them for all his friends and they were very well received I need to make them again this year!
Jul 6, 2012
Make it often. Goes over great as a gift.
Jul 23, 2011
The recipe sounded better than it tasted. Was very disappointed.
Nov 11, 2010
Great for parties and my husband loves to take them with on his hunting trips.
Sep 27, 2010
No comment left
Dec 21, 2009
The flavor was good, but the nuts were soft after sitting overnight. I made a similar recipe and the nuts stayed nice and crisp so I will stick with the other recipe. I baked this in a glass dish and it still stuck really badly.
Dec 13, 2009
Made this recipe 4 times last xmas. Used as gifts & served at party.
Oct 31, 2008
No comment left